Incoming Exchange Students
Course registration process
- Academic Advisors will receive the following items from their college liaison or from Education Abroad:
- Official transcript from students’ home university
- Courses in progress at students’ home university
- Course selection form of desired courses students wish to take at Texas A&M
- After review of materials, academic advisors are given time during open registration to enroll incoming students in classes. If the advisor is unable to enroll students in full-time coursework (12 credit hours for undergraduate and 9 credit hours for graduate), Advisors will need to communicate with the incoming student to finalize classes when the student arrives on campus at the beginning of the semester. Students may have holds that prevent registration. Admissions and Student Health Services (SHS) holds can only be removed once the student satisfies their requirements.
Special course requirements
- Many students will need overrides to be registered in courses since their major is 'REEP' and prior coursework is not populated in the TAMU system.