Outlined below is a summary of rules and restrictions to keep in mind when assisting students participating in international experiences. Note: departments and colleges might have additional rules. If in doubt, please consult your education abroad college liaison or the Office of the Registrar for assistance.
- Degree-seeking students at Texas A&M University, Texas A&M Galveston, and the Texas A&M Higher Education Center at McAllen must register their international experience with Texas A&M Education Abroad for risk management purposes and to facilitate the course pre-approval process.
- To receive transfer credit from other institutions, whether domestic or international, the institution issuing the program transcript must be accredited. In collaboration with the Office of Admissions, institutions granting program transcripts are vetted.
- For provider programs, students must allot 2 – 3 months after the program for the transcript process. Therefore, participating in these experiences during the final semester to fulfill any remaining degree requirements is strongly discouraged.
- For exchange programs, students are not permitted to participate in their final semester.
- For internship, volunteer, and/or research experiences granting pre-arranged Texas A&M credit (e.g., 484, 485, 684, 685, etc.), students must work with their academic advisor to enroll in these courses for the same term of the experience abroad.