How to Complete the Form
Please reference the video overview
of the form embedded in the Education Abroad application to learn how to complete this item. When routing the form, which might take 3 or more weeks to complete, include the course description/syllabi and follow the below order.
Additionally, try to group courses of similar disciplines together on the form for reviewing ease. Keep in mind signatures need to be obtained one at a time as all necessary signatures need to be on one form.
Office of Admissions (if needed)
First, confirm what institution is issuing your program transcript. (This is especially important for students on provider programs as it is not always the host institution being studied at but sometimes a U.S. school of record instead.)
Then, check if the institution issuing your program transcript is on the list of previously approved foreign institutions
- If the institution issuing the program transcript is on the list, the Admissions signature is not needed, and you can skip this step.
- If the institution is NOT listed (or is a U.S. institution), Admissions approval must be obtained. Send the pre-filled pre-approval form to firstname.lastname@example.org to facilitate the approval on your behalf. Wait to send your form to anyone else until your form has been returned to you.
Subject Matter Expert Evaluation (if needed)
Depending on your course selections, this approval is needed in the event of pursuing courses 1)
for language credits, 2)
for engineering credits 3)
to fulfill a core curriculum requirement, and/or 4)
for courses outside of your college. As you route your form for the remaining signatures, attach the course description/syllabi for the academic departments to reference.Language Credits
For evaluation of courses for
language credits, contact the Department of Global Languages and Cultures at email@example.comEngineering Credits
For evaluation of courses for engineering credits, contact the Halliburton Engineering Global Programs at EngineeringGlobalPrograms@tamu.edu.Core Curriculum Courses and Courses Outside Your College
For evaluation of core curriculum courses and courses outside your college, if you are not sure who/which department should review a course, consult with your academic advisor to verify which departments to contact, if any
. If your form needs to be reviewed by someone else, your major/minor academic advisor will sign the form after
the subject matter expert evaluations are complete.
Note, if a course is going to count as a general elective, the SME signature may not be required at the discretion of your college/department. Check with your academic advisor to know if an SME signature is necessary.
Academic Advisor Approval
Your academic advisor(s) will determine if a course can be applied to your degree plan and if an SME signature is needed for a course. If you have a double major or minor, you may also want those academic advisors to review and leave a comment on your form to know if courses can be applied to those degree plans.
Example First Email to Academic Advisor/SME
SUBJECT: Pre-Approval Form for Transfer Credit - [Student First and Last Name]
I am planning to study abroad [term name and year i.e. Fall 2023]. Part of my Education Abroad application is the Pre-Approval Form for Transfer Credit. Attached is my form and course descriptions/syllabi for the courses listed on the form I am asking you to review.
Please let me know if you need additional information to review my courses or if I need to contact someone else to review.
AOC/GOC Dean's Offices: Texas A&M – College Station
Below is the list of AOC/GOC Deans. Points of contact and delegates are subject to change:
- Bush School of Government & Public Service, contact Andrew Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, contact Dan Putnam at email@example.com
- College of Arts & Sciences, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Engineering, contact Leslie Donaway at Ldonaway@tamu.edu
- Mays Business School, contact Dr. Katy Lane at email@example.com
- School of Architecture, contact Dr. Holliday at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
- School of Education & Human Development, contact Dr. Irby at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
- School of Medicine, contact specific advisor in Student Affairs Office at the Bryan/College Station campus.
- School of Public Health, contact Casey Schumacher at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, contact Dr. Laura Weber at Iweber@tamu.edu
- Transition Academic Programs, contact Dr. Graves at email@example.com
AOC/GOC Dean’s Office: Texas A&M – Galveston